Family Room Transformation! Why scale is SO important

Any time we are working on a decor or design project, one very important aspect we ALWAYS have to consider is scale. 🤔 

With what we do, scale essentially refers to how an item relates to the size of the room. 📏 There are a lot of tricks and tactics to make said item have more or less visual weight, but even as professionals, sometimes we can even get it wrong without proper planning! 🙋‍♀️

I need to fess up...although this family room is now just how we want it, I made a big blunder with the first electric fireplace I brought in!  🤦‍♀️ Although I knew it was on the smaller side (which was probably my main concern with it), I really thought I could make it work!  But, after a few months I just knew I had gotten it wrong, so we decided to move that beautiful smaller fireplace to a new room and try again!

Obviously it was not ideal to have to purchase a new fireplace, but it actually added much-needed heat elsewhere in the house, and the new unit is the absolute perfect size now for this family room! 🙌🏻🏠




Here's the original fireplace..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Garage Door Makeover