Laundry Room Facelift! ๐Ÿงบ


So, we moved into a new house a few weeks ago, and one of the biggest eyesores to me was this laundry room below! ๐Ÿ™ˆ



The all-white paint...the open overflowing shelves, the white utility shelf above the washer and dryer...I could go on and on.  Is it weird that it was super, super important to me to make this old laundry room “prettier”?? ๐Ÿคท‍♀️ Look, I get that it’s just a laundry room, and maybe doesn’t matter all that much...but the truth is, I spend a LOT of time in here, and that “before” was just not gonna cut it. ๐Ÿ˜ 

Because it also doubles as our upstairs linen closet, it was a must to get those shelves in order! And the basic white utility shelf had to go (which I re-used in another part of the house!! ๐Ÿ’ƒ). Plus I really wanted a sink installed for my laundry needs. ๐Ÿšฐ I also do a lot of DIY and crafting, so that was a must-have for me.


Add in some fresh color — of course, my favorite Sherwin Williams paint in Slate Tile, with a new 3” perfectly stained floating shelf, a gorgeous rug, and tons of fun baskets...and WOW!!!  



Let’s be honest, that rug makes the whole room, right?  It is from Wayfair, and 100% lives up to every expectation I had...so soft, and adds so much dimension to the room.  Head here to snag it for yourself!


I also added this amazing Industrial laundry clothes rack, which you can find in all different lengths here.




And of course ALL. THOSE. BASKETS.  I got them all from Target (after measuring the largest spaces).  The biggest ones you can find here, and the rest are just a mis-match from other Target baskets (feel free to PM me if you’re looking for a specific one). 


I’d say its a room I actually WANT to spend time in now! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป๐Ÿ 

And I almost forgot...although I hated that white utility shelf in the laundry room, I definitely needed some storage options in a downstairs closet I’d designated as our “Cleaning Closet.”  So, we cut the old shelf in two pieces and reinstalled it down there.  I now have a fully functioning cleaning closet! ๐Ÿงผ No more need to stuff all my cleaners under the kitchen sink and never be able to find what I’m looking for! ๐Ÿ’ƒ ๐Ÿ’ƒ ๐Ÿ’ƒ 




Thanks for reading, and please don’t hesitate to contact me for any design ideas! ❤️







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Garage Door Makeover